The Internal Audit Department is designed to add value and improve the Fort Worth Independent School District's operations by providing an independent, objective assurance, and consulting services to the Board Audit Committee, the Superintendent, and Senior Management. This helps the District to accomplish it's objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance.
INTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES
The Internal Audit Department is an independent appraisal function responsible for monitoring the fiscal and administrative operations of the Fort Worth Independent School District. The Internal Audit Department is sanctioned by the Board of Trustees. The Chief Internal Auditor reports functionally to the Board of Trustees and administratively to the Superintendent. The functions of the Internal Audit Department are communicated to the Board of Trustees through written audit reports, findings, recommendations, opinions and conclusions. Audits are performed in compliance with federal and state laws, and Fort Worth Independent School District Policies.
INTERNAL AUDIT ACTIVITIES
The Internal Audit Department performs fiscal and administrative operations of the Fort Worth Independent School District. This includes:
- Evaluation of procedures and controls
- Documentation of fiscal and administrative methodologies
- Follow-Ups on significant findings from previous audits
- Special Audits at the request of the Board of Trustees and Management
- Review of all operational areas for their stewardship of resources and compliance with established policies and procedures
- Review of internal administrative and accounting controls designed to safeguard resources and ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Investigation of reported fraud, embezzlement, theft, waste, or abuse; and recommendation of controls to prevent or detect such occurrences
Audit projects are scheduled by the Chief Internal Auditor utilizing risk assessment, and are approved by the Board of Trustees. Through the Chief Internal Auditor, the Internal Audit Department staff is authorized to have full, free, and unrestricted access to all property, personnel records and functions of the Fort Worth Independent School Distric
CALL: The Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline at (817) 814-1971. District employees or citizens can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your calls will go to an answering machine which is located and maintained by the Internal Audit Department. All allegations reported over the Hotline will be evaluated and investigated. Informants can remain anonymous and all calls are treated confidentially.
FAX: The Fraud, Waste and Abuse Fax Line at (817) 814-1973. This fax machine is located in the Internal Audit Department and no other employees or individuals have access to these faxes.
EMAIL: Directly send concerns to Internal Audit Dept - firstname.lastname@example.org
SEND: Letters to the Chief Internal Auditor's personal mail box at
Fort Worth ISD
Attn: Internal Audit Dept.
100 N. University Dr., Ste. SW#171
Fort Worth, TX 76107